Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Shimano XT M8000 Shadow+ 11 Speed drive train… WHAT SINGLE CHAIN RING
  • robinlewis1983
    Free Member

HI,

I just wanted to absorb your collective knowledge. After snapping my X01 SRAM Mech on my YT capra I have decided to replace it with a Shimano XT M8000 Shadow+ 11 Speed Rear Mech, so have the Shimano XT M8000 11sp Cassette + Chain Bundle to go with it. It has just occurred to me that Shimano maybe designed to work with very specific cahin raings, is this so? I will be running 1×11, and will update what cranks and chain ring my capra came with soon. I think its a narrow wide chain ring.

Thanks

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

You will need a Shimano 11 speed shifter to make that work . Any 11 speed narrow wide chainring will run with that system .

robinlewis1983
    Free Member

Sorry Yep got the shifter too…..

mintimperial

I’ve got a Blackspire NW ring paired with XT kit on my Rocket, it’s been clattered down rocky Peak District descents, PMBA enduro stages and DH trails (very incompetently), and I’ve not dropped a chain yet.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’m running an Absolute Black oval NW.

Rorschach
    Free Member

ANY N/W RING…..AND THERE’S NO NEED TO SHOUT>>>

pickle
    Free Member

run both an Uberbikes one and a Superstar one and both have performed faultlessly.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

WHAT, I CAN’T HEAR YOU OVER HERE

It has just occurred to me that Shimano maybe designed to work with very specific cahin raings, is this so?

Don’t give the idiots ideas…

But no it’s not, their first go was very different to SRAM’s NW, their redesign much more er “similar”

qwerty
    Free Member

I’ve just gone oval & I like it. Absolute Black, Works Components & Superstar will sell you one.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve got the shimano one and it works just fine, also looks rather nice with the XT cranks too IMHO

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

I have a Garbaruk narrow/wide and it’s excellent. It has mega long teeth on it and a very well thought out profile to stop it clogging with mud. They ship from the Ukraine but mine arrived in less than a week. Google them.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Shimano XT M8000 Shadow+ 11 Speed drive train… WHAT SINGLE CHAIN RING’ is closed to new replies.