Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Shimano XT M770 Hollowtech II – where from?
  • Gooner
    Free Member

where will I find the cheapest?
    I don’t need any chainrings. Is it possible to buy the the cranks without the chainrings?

Thanka

james
    Free Member

Don’t think so

XT triple cranks (inc. BB) are 853g
    SLX triple cranks (inc. same BB?) are 889g

Given the XT gains an alloy inner ring over a steel one, a carbon/steel middle over a composite/steel middle and the outer is most likely slightly lighter too, you’d think there wasn’t loads in weight between SLX and XT crankarms? less than 36g anyway
    SLX triple is £100 from CRC atm

stevede
    Free Member

Merlin have 10% off at the moment and they do xt cranks for £135 if i remember correctly.

Scamper
    Free Member

I gave up trying to get an SLX crankset for £100 from wiggle/CRC etc delivery now to Jan.

james
    Free Member

Whoops, only 170mm SLX triples 9spd are £100 on CRC. 175mm’s are £128 9spd, £110 10spd

jimmyjames
    Free Member

I just ordered (and recieved) an SLX crankset from here:
    http://www.bike-discount.de/?lg=en

Came to around £74 delivered. Fitted it today, absolutely no complaints. There are probably good reasons not to buy stuff from abroad but I don’t know what they are and it worked out okay for me.

Edit: On topic, they have XT too!

snaps
    Free Member

I found all the shops advertising cheap XT sold out & ended up buying SLX

ononeorange

Thanks jimmyjames. Ordered.

c_klein87

Just bought xt crank from clee cycles for £125 not sure how many they had left tho

cubemeup
    Free Member

the cycle basket are cheap as!! also called nelsons up in crickhowell (black mountains)

jimmyjames
    Free Member

ononeorange: Please post back here when they arrive, I’d be keen to hear how you got on as I can see myself ordering more from this place in future.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Shimano XT M770 Hollowtech II – where from?’ is closed to new replies.