Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Shimano XT M770 chainrings on Race Face Evolve chainset – are they compatible?
  • coolbeanz
    Free Member

It’s time to replace the chainrings on my Race Face Evolve chainset. As replacement Race Face chainrings are awfully expensive, I thought I’d substitute them with Shimano ones. Also, since the remainder of my groupset is Shimano XT, I figured that XT chainrings should ensure better drivetrain performance. Will they fit and is it a good idea?

Cheers.

citizeninsane
    Free Member

Think they’re both 104/64 bcd (for triple). So should be fine. I’ve got 42t and 24t Raceface turbine rings for sale. PM if interested.

coolbeanz
    Free Member

I’m after a 22t and a 32t only, but thanks.

Hmm,I’ve Googled my query and it looks like others have had problems installing Shimano chainrings. Apparently, you can get round this problem by “filing” off a few millimeters off the chainring, but I’d rather avoid having to do that.

collostomy
    Free Member

Fitted XT rings to my RaceFace Evolve chain set last year. There is a little bit of filing that needs to be done. I used the old rings as a template, scored the xt rings where the metal needed removing, took about an hour to do the job in total.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Shimano XT M770 chainrings on Race Face Evolve chainset – are they compatible?’ is closed to new replies.