Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Shimano XT M765 / M756 Hub Service – Parts Compatibility
  • PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

Just serviced M765 Hubs and whilst I’ve re-assembled everything they really need new bearing and cones to do the job properly.

I’ve looked for a service kit but such a thing does not seem to exist.
    I can find the odd component parts but come round to thinking that buying two new hubs and using the parts I need, keeping the rest for spares may be a better idea.

Hubs in question are M765 with splined disc fittings, however M756 with six bolt fitting are on bargain offer at CRC currently.

I will be amazed and impressed if anyone knows, but are the internal components the same ?
    If they are a front hub at £18 is the way forward. Just need to find a bargain rear one.

Alternatively does anyone have suggestions for where to by front and rear axles, cones and bearings that are a better option?

jonnouk
    Free Member

Just had similar situation as you. My 756 6-bolt rear has toasted bearings and cones (because the cones always come undone on these). I’ve ended up getting a new rear hub for £32 at Evans.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Google HB-M765 EV and HB-M756 EV to find the parts diagrams for the two front hubs. This should give you an idea on compatibility between parts. Do the same for FH-M756 EV and FH-M765 EV for the rears.

shadthebad
    Free Member

I did my XT756 hubs the other week. My LBS says the newer Alivio hubs are the same internals as the old XT756. The rear drive side cone is part number FH-MC30 (M1 3AE 0300). Costs £2.49.

Hope that helps.

El-bent
    Free Member

Are these the ones?

Here are the bearings.

I will be amazed and impressed if anyone knows, but are the internal components the same ?
    If they are a front hub at £18 is the way forward. Just need to find a bargain rear one.

I have XT M756 front and rear hubs, the bearing sizes and quantity in each hub are different between front and rear.

jonnouk
    Free Member

Make sure to check the cups too; My hub locked up and toasted the cups. There’s no spares for them.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Shimano XT M765 / M756 Hub Service – Parts Compatibility’ is closed to new replies.