Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Shimano XT i Spec mount help
  • jonnyblease
    Free Member

Hi there,

I’ve just bought myself a new XT front brake which is i Spec B to go with my i Spec B SLX shifter. Sounds straight forward fit right? Wrong!

I don’t have the mount in the pack. I ordered from CRC.

I need the mount in the middle of this diagram?

http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/shimano/803370d1369792195-xt-brakes-i-spec-shifters-72195816.jpg

Should the XT brake come with this? If not where do I get them from?

Thanks – Jonathan

cp

the mounting hardware comes with the shifter, not the brake

jonnyblease
    Free Member

I feared you might say that…I’ll have a look for it in the box…

jonnyblease
    Free Member

Right OK I’ve not got it. Any ideas where I can order one from. I go to France on Thursday so need to get something sorted ASAP!

Thanks

Superficial
    Free Member

The shifters don’t actually include the adaptor. You’ll have to buy an adaptor or a new shifter if you absolutely need ispec.

jonnyblease
    Free Member

I’ve got an i spec b shifter and brake. Just need the adapter then. How would buying a new shifter help if they don’t come with the mounts?

Superficial
    Free Member

Because you can buy shifters with the adaptor already attached.

nickdavies

If you’ve definitely got ispec b shifters you should have both types of connector with the shifter. Not sure what superficial is getting at – op has ispec shifters by sounds of it?

I’ve just installed an i spec shifter to ispec a brake on mine, I’m looking now what parts do you actually need? All three in the middle, nut and 2 bolts? I’ve used the larger bolt on mine, I’ve found the smaller bolt but can’t find the nut. If I can find it I’ll stick it in the post to you. I’ve only got a single though, 1×10.

Superficial
    Free Member

Sorry I’m talking rubbish. I misread the OP. Those bits should have come with the shifter.

atlaz
    Free Member

Be careful, both CRC and Wiggle tried to sell me ispec-A as ispec-B, bike-discount DID sell me one and my LBS did the same. Half of the retailers have no idea what the hell the difference and combo is.

However, the fastenings (not the mount, its either ispec-B or it isn’t) should be with the shifter.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Shimano XT i Spec mount help’ is closed to new replies.