Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • shimano xt 775 tubeless-which tyres r best?
  • mudman3
    Free Member

Hi, need some help, just got some of the above and need help!
    What tyres are best, is the set up & ftting the same as stan's tubless system?
    Will be really thankful for any of your experiences.
    cheers

donks
    Free Member

Have used mountain kings, Maxxis Larsens and currently Kenda Small Block 8's (my favourite) and all work on the rims excellently.

mudman3
    Free Member

Thanks for that, this may be a stupid question but are they tubeless versions?

nickegg
    Free Member

What tyres are best will depend on where you ride etc etc.

I have these wheels on my Zesty. I use Maxxis Ignitor 2.35 LUST on the front and Crossmark 2.25 LUST on the rear.

donks
    Free Member

Yes they where tubeless versions. They are a little more expensive and harder to source but make it so much easier to pump up on the rim. I still use the tyre milk though as it seals holes nicely and nowadays i never get flat tyres.

nickegg
    Free Member

As Donks says, i use Stans in them and was able to get the tyres on with no levers (a first for me!) and pumped up with a track pump.

james-o
    Free Member

i use conti rubber queens and race kings w/o any latex and they go on dry with a track pump. a bit of latex watered down with the thinner solvent (art shop stuff) works well to fix the odd thorn slow puncture. great wheels / tyre combo.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I'd match tyres to your experience, riding and terrain; rather than wheels, but there you go.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

@nickegg!

how do you find that tyre combo of ignitor up front and crossmark on the back??

just stuck some on for a mate exactly the same and he's yet to ride on them yet, the 2.35 comes up quite skinny up front i thought…is it quite fast rolling?

nickegg
    Free Member

It's a superb combo on hard packed and dry trails although the rear is abit 'interesting' in the wet. You have to careful when putting the power down on climbs as the Crossmark can slip abit. In the ludicrously long run of dry trails around here in Bristol it's been great.

The 2.35 and 2.25 are about the same in width. I initially had a 2.1 Crossmark on the rear but that felt abit fragile so went up a size.

The Zesty isn't my only bike so gets used when conditions suit the tyres!!

EDIT: Cynic-al…you're right except these are UST wheels so you may as well run UST tyres on them.

chakaping
    Free Member

i use conti rubber queens and race kings w/o any latex

UST or folding?

I couldn't get folding RQs to seal on Flows, but have a set of these wheels arriving soon so may try on them instead.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘shimano xt 775 tubeless-which tyres r best?’ is closed to new replies.