Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Shimano wheelset on current sram wheelset bike?
  • cookci
    Free Member

Hi,

Would i be able to use a shimano hub wheelset with a shimano 11 speed cassette as a spare set of wheels for a bike which is currently running sram xd wheelset with gx gears/cassette.

I figure it should work but i dont want the chain line to be different and having to reindex everytime i swap?

Thanks
    Christian

TimothyD
    Free Member

Have a helpful bump.

andyl
    Free Member

I suspect you will have to re-index as the shimano 11 speed cassette lowest gear (biggest cog) is further inboard as it overhangs the spokes. The sram XD set up pushes the whole lot further out by not having a separate lock ring.

scotroutes

That.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Unless you have identical set ups I’d expect to have to adjust something.

andyl
    Free Member

^ and that tbh

TimothyD
    Free Member

If you didn’t mind going retro, you could possibly use friction thumbies to switch between the two with and adjust your limit screws? I’m not familiar with the set up you have though, so it’s only possibly.

I discovered you can change gear with them while standing up, after reading something about needing to soft pedal to change gear with them in MBUK.

Sounds weird perhaps, I just like them because they’re quieter…

cookci
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Doesnt sound like the ideal option then as i plan to change the wheels often depending on where i go out.

cookci
    Free Member

I assume a permanent swap to a shimano cassette would be ok with the gx mech and trigger?

Also would the gx mech work with 11-46?

cookci
    Free Member

Bump

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Shimano wheelset on current sram wheelset bike?’ is closed to new replies.