Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Shimano Tiagra or Truvativ Elita?
  • ten2ten
    Free Member

Hi, just recently bought a used boardman comp road bike for winter. It comes with shimano tiagra shifters and a rear shimano 105 deraileur – the chainset is a truvativ Elita. I have a spare shimano tiagra chainset on my hybrid giant fcr – would it be recommended to put the tiagra onto the boardman? Is the tiagra a better chainset than the elita?

rp16v
    Free Member

im asumingg the gear ratios are the same? id probably leave the truvative whare it is till the bb blows up and and replace the whole thing with shimano

Onzadog
    Free Member

I might have a very lightly used tiagra triple with 175mm cranks (too long for my little legs).

Email in profile if you’re interested.

njee20
    Free Member

How would that help!?

If i could be bother I’d weigh both and use the lighter one.

cookeaa

I had a Carrera road bike, with a truvativ chainset for a while, rode it till the BB gave up then decided to go “backwards” and fitted square taper cranks, STW actually put me on to spa cycles for stronglight cranks and BBs. Not as sexy as HT2 but arguable more durable, and cheaper to find spares for…

ten2ten
    Free Member

Thanks – think I will take the advice of keeping the truvativ until the BB needs replacing then think about changing it over to be full shimano – thanks for the responses 🙂

Northwind

The Elita is nice, but Truvativ BBs…

njee20
    Free Member

On the road they last thousands of miles anyway! Even totally neglecting the Sora BB in my Allez it does about 5000 miles.

rp16v
    Free Member

tbh bb is the truvatives weak point and will definatley go before new rings are needed

Northwind

True enough, it just pains my soul.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Shimano Tiagra or Truvativ Elita?’ is closed to new replies.