Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Shimano Square Taper Bottom Brackets…
  • mrnmissespanda

For Shimano Square Taper Bottom Brackets is the only version avaliable now the UN-54? is there no replacement for the un73

cheers

panda

julianwilson
    Free Member

un 73 is discontinued now 🙁

shimano make the un54 in all the usual sizes but its a bit heavier and not reported to last as long (commuting bike is on its 2nd in three years as opposed to the original which went on for aaaaages!)

you might find a un73 on the retrobike forum. Or ebay but the bidding gets a bit silly there.

Or you could go posh and look at expensive ’boutique’ ones if you want lighter weight and longevity.

sofatester
    Free Member

Of course there’s not. Why on earth do they want us all using old practical kit? There is plenty of new, short lifespan, replaceable and shiny parts to buy!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hugorune

Just did an ebay search (i’m not very busy today) and you can buy UN-73(110×68) direct from the US for about £35 including postage.UN-73

mrnmissespanda

Cheers hugo!

and thanks to you all for your responses!

Panda

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

look out for UN26, I bought 4 thinking they’d be low end wear-out-in-no-time crap, but the first one I fitted has already lasted 10 months with no detectable wear 🙂

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Also there is an even better UN93 I thinks thats the correct number. They dont make them new anymore, but they were the top of the range Shimano Square taper BB. I cant see any bottom bracket being better than the UN73, but its the next one up when they did made them.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Shimano Square Taper Bottom Brackets…’ is closed to new replies.