Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shimano SPD Shoe sizing
  • properbikeco
    Free Member

I’m after a new pair of spd shoes/boots and Shimano seem to be decent value.

I am normally a size 10 for shoes and wondering if I need to size up or down for shimano footwear. Any experience or recommendations for a specific shoe/boot welcome

Will be used in all weather summer and winter, don’t want them too snazzy as will have to be able to be worm down the pub

grim168
    Free Member

I’m a 10 but 11 in shimano.

Jamie
    Free Member

Order several pairs from Wiggle/CRC and take advantage of their free returns, but only order 3 in any 1 order as otherwise you go over the Collect+ size limits.

…also different Shimano shoes have different lasts, as in some have a wider/higher volume last. Then there are those that also come in a wider fitting.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Mine were about right. Slightly more snug. But definitely not worthy of going up a whole size. Normally size 9 bought a 43 in the M162’s

Worth trying some on as others have said as they will vary depending on which model you go for.

scotroutes

I go a size up from Specialized shoes to Shimano shoes.

Northwind

I’m a 9 in everything, including Shimano but they’re definitely a tighter 9- I went up a half size for my winter pair to give space for more socks.

will64
    Free Member

Go up a size for snug fit ( 45 to 46) and two sizes if wearing thermal socks (45 to 47). They always seem short in length but width is okay.

Superficial
    Free Member

My DX SPD shoes are size 44, but they’re not as snug as my shimano MW81 winter boots (also a 44).
    My Fizik roadie shoes are 42.5 and my Spesh MTB shoes are 43.5. Off the bike I wear size 9UK/10US vans. Whether or not any of that helps, I don’t know.

Buying shoes is the ideal time to support your local shop and take advantage of the ability to try shoes on before buying. They might be a bit more expensive than online but you get more for your money.

feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

i go up one Euro size. I’m a UK 8 which is normally EU42 but in Shimano stuff i’m a 43.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shimano SPD Shoe sizing’ is closed to new replies.