Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Shimano SLX M667 Double Front Derailleur setup? Help or advice please…
  • superdale
    Free Member

Hi I bought one of these to work with my 24×36 setup, and have positioned it so that the guide indicator line ran though the outside edge of the bashguard. This allows the outer plate of the mech to clear the bashgaurd.
    However the chain seems to constantly rub on the inside plate of the mech in the largest sprockets. It is a 73mm BB so I have not used a bb spacer. How close are peoples mechs to their bashgaurds – less than 5mm or more? I am tempted to raise the mech higher so the chain avoids the raised metal section on the inside plate, but then I guess the larger rear plate wont be doing its job of stopping the chain dropping off the inside?
    Any advice appreciated as I am ready to ditch it and run a triple mech instead. The M667 spec is for a 46.8mm chainline – how can I check this?

granny_ring

I’ve part fitted my 665 mech but didn’t have time to finish off. Have fitted a 2.5mm spacer on drive side with a 73mm bracket, thought that was correct according to the leaflet?

Not with bike at the mo but think the mech is fairly close to the bash guard but not sure how much exactly.

Hope to sort it tomorrow

superdale
    Free Member

GR i am using a Truvativ GXP bb and crank and am fairly sure it told me not to use any spacers for 73mm. If you instructions say you should can you let me know as I will give that a go. Cheers.

captaincarlos

Normally you have a spacer on the BB – unless you’re using a chain device or e-type mech that replaces it.
    Just fitted one of these myself and it works fine. I’ve only got about 1mm gap between the mech and the bash guard…

superdale
    Free Member

Thanks Carlos mine was a very narrow gap also so sounds like I have got it the right height. I will measure the chainline tonight to between the 24 and 36 ring to see if this measures 47mm. If less guess I need the 2.5mm spacer to stop it rubbing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Shimano SLX M667 Double Front Derailleur setup? Help or advice please…’ is closed to new replies.