Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Shimano SLX brake opinions?
  • mikey74
    Free Member

…are they any good for dh?

Doug
    Free Member

How good are you at DH?

If your not that fast then I would go with some bigger brakes. If you are pretty good and tend to brake in short sharp spells rather than drag your brakes then they will be OK although the extra adjustments the XT's give will help reduce finger and hand fatigue. I suspect if you could use SLX's as DH brakes you wouldnt need to ask.

coopersport1
    Free Member

I've got them on my single speed and I think they'd stop a bus! If they were a bit lighter they'd be on both my xc and enduro bike.

Way more powerful than my Hope Mini's. Excellent feel as well very progressive.

I've only run them on 160 discs as weel so thumbs up for dh from this corner.

GEDA
    Free Member

Good and cheap, I see no need for anything more (12.5 stone and I like to go fast). Took some to the Alps last year and they were great. I think boiling brakes is probably more to do with bleeding and how much you like to drag the brakes than the type to tell you the truth as every brake set seems to get some posting of them fading and boiling. (I am still using the same pads but there was no clarts in the Alps when I went)

Had some juicys before and they feel a lot better, (Modulation and power)

markenduro
    Free Member

Run them with 203 rotors and you shouldn't have any problems

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks folks. The answer to your question Doug is: Not that good, but I am learning and want something that will last a while.

I love my old Shimano Saints but I think I have popped the seal on the rear (see other thread).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Shimano SLX brake opinions?’ is closed to new replies.