Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shimano slx brake on hope floating rotors query
  • heisenberg
    Free Member

Hi, anyone got this setup and has no issues before i press the buy it now button? Or anyone can give me alternative. Cheers

This brakes:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-slx-m675-disc-brake/rp-prod83173?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Shopping&utm_name=UnitedKingdom&gclid=CPSi-PaDnLwCFafKtAodHVYAyg&gclsrc=aw.ds

To this rotor?
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/hope-floating-saw-rotor/

Northwind

I had some trouble with the older SHimano calipers- the slot in the caliper was barely wider than the rotor, so it had to be absolutely perfectly centred, which is annoying on setup (since it means perfectly centring the pistons, not otherwise needed).

But mostly I had trouble with the braking part coming loose from the carrier- had 2 rotors replaced on warranty and that doesn’t seem unusual. I never found a performance advantage, but they do look mint. So honestly I would say just don’t go there, quality steel rotors are the way.

heisenberg
    Free Member

Was about to get one.. When i read those issues you have mentioned.. Guess floating rotor from superstar it is then 🙁

ratherbeintobago

Why not Shimano’s own floating rotor?

singlespeedstu

I’ve got that setup on one of my bikes.
    Just had to file a very small bit down on the caliper to stop the rivets catching it on the front one.
    I’ll be replacing the hope rotors with shimano rotors when the rivets start rattling like then normaly do after a while.

heisenberg
    Free Member

Ice tech is my cup of tea.. Its for the wife bike and cant convince her that.. She wants to go along with the color bling stuff… Kashima gold.. Floating rotor gold…new hubs gold.. Women u know 😐 🙄

reggiegasket
    Free Member

both my bikes run SLX on hope floaters. You need to file the caliper a tad it’s true but once done they are a very good combo. Not had any issues with my floaters.

Northwind

Oh, I meant to add, the weight diffence between the floating rotor and a lightweight steel one like an ashima or formula r1 is trivial. They both have their vices too though.

pete68
    Free Member

I’ve got the xt calipers on hope floating rotors. Not had to file anything and have had no issues at all.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shimano slx brake on hope floating rotors query’ is closed to new replies.