Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Shimano SLX brake banjo
  • keppoch

So I have some new (OEM I think) Shimano SLX brakes. But the hoses are too short so I am planning to swap the back onto the front (and shorten it) and buy a new longer rear.

Looking at the brake hose that is fitted it seems to have a press fitted banjo. Will the new hose come with a banjo already fitted or do I need to buy a separate one?

The hose is a BH90.

gardron
    Free Member

There’s two replacement hoses (assuming we’re not talking about clarks cables etc) – I can’t remember which one SLX needs, but I’m going to assume is the later of these:
    type 1 – BH90 hose, banjo not attached. If I remember correctly this is for Deore (non-XT) brakes where the banjo screws in
    type 2 – BH90 hose, banjo crimped on. With these ones the banjo must be on the hose, you can’t use aftermarket one. I know this is what XT/XTR uses and I think SLX as well, but I’m not 100% sure. To give you an example – http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-xtr-disc-brake-hose-bh90/rp-prod67212

svalgis
    Free Member

It should come with the banjo fitted – just buy from somewhere where it explicitly says it does in the description to be sure.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Shimano SLX brake banjo’ is closed to new replies.