Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Shimano Singletrack Classic Weekender – SAVE THE DATE!
  • stavromuller
    Free Member

Will the Pikey problem be solved by then?

freeride_frankie
    Free Member

Is it ok to camp on the Sunday night???

simonm
    Free Member

Will the Pikey problem be solved by then?
    have they come back ? non there last year

TonyL
    Free Member

no travellers at the moment and area they have been using is being ditched and mounded etc to make it less easy to get on to also road has been adopted so easier to move people on. So should not be a problem.

Camping on Sunday night would be ok but toilets and water etc will be gone by then.

dezmtber
    Free Member

yeay i am all booked in for the race 🙂
    i should do quite well on saturday, i think all the beer in the night will make sure sunday goes well too 😀

Ben_Haworth

The Weekender Winner’s Prize:

A Complete New Shimano XT Groupset & Wheels!

That’s right, a fully fitted Shimano Deore XT M780 Dyna-Sys groupset including Ice Tech disc brakes and wheels worth over £1160! You can either fit it yourself if you like doing sort of thing or Shimano can collect your bike, send it to their workshop and fit the new groupset and wheels on for free.

All the category winners will receive a set of Shimano M770 XT SPD pedals.

Everyone who makes it on to a category podium will win:-

XTR gear cable set
    Shimano shoe bag
    Yumeya chain
    M520 Silver SPD Pedals
    PRO Koryak grips
    PRO chain tool
    TOTAL prize fund of more than £4400!

Not only that, everyone entering the Weekender will receive a blue goody bag from Shiman with caps, stickers (STICKERS!), bottles, beanies… everything they can lay their hands on basically.

Not only that, there’ll be a special event T-shirt for all riders too.

Not only that, there’ll be some fun spot prizes being awarded for various ‘amusing’ things. Last year’s ‘Best Crash’ winner was especially pleased with their prize.

To read more about this year’s Shimano Singletrack Classic Weekender and how to enter go to…

http://www.singletrackworld.com/weekender

The Basics…

Shimano Singletrack Classic Weekender
    Lee Quarry, Lancashire, July 9-10, 2011

3 different races.
    1 bike.
    The ultimate “all rounder” event.
    A weekend of Trials, Downhill and XC racing. One entry fee – all three events.

teethgrinder

Just about to enter…coming down from North East. Woo!

Ben_Haworth

Yay! Get some mates to enter too :]

Paul-B

Nearly there now, looking forward to it 🙂

TonyL
    Free Member

Ben and I finalised the xc course today 6.01km 170m altitude gain and loss. Some rocks, some singletrack, some berms, some grass. Took us 1hr 12min to walk one lap! We did stop to look at stuff along the way I reckon a 17min lap?

sillyoldman

Any idea of the catering facilities? Taking stuff with us, but nice to know if there’s something to fall back on…

Ben_Haworth

Yep, the Meal Machine will be there as usual. And we’re trying to work out the logistics of using Poppies Deli (at the bottom of the hill) as they’re staying open til 10pm on Friday and Saturdya nights due to the Weekender :]

TonyL
    Free Member

Poppies do takeaway as well as eat in so you could phone them up order some food roll down the hill on oyur bike and collect and be back up in the quarry within half an hour. But then again they are licenced so a couple of beers might take a bit longer.

sillyoldman

Grand.

Ta for that.

Simon

When will the DH course be marked out?

Ben_Haworth

DH course marked out Friday night most likely.

teethgrinder

Do we get any race info (numbers etc) through the post, or do we collect on the day?

I paid last week or so.

Robin

Ben_Haworth

Just putting together racer info at the mo’ for emailing to entrants.

This info will be put on this website too (on the front page).

Race numbers will be assigned when you sign-on at registration.

Thanks for entering by the way! :]

teethgrinder

Happy too, though not managed to persuede anyone else to come yet. Just means more room for MASSIVE cider in the T2, though.

1st competition for nigh on 20 years, so looking forwards to it.

blackblur
    Free Member

What are the age categories? As far as UCI/British Cycling rules go, I’m a veteran, but I’m not 40 for another month.

Any ideas?

Ben_Haworth

Under 18.
    Over 18.
    Over 40.

(Black Blur – just tell us which category you’d prefer to be in when you sign-in ;])

simonm
    Free Member

isnt it “usually”, The year you are… 18, 40 etc ? so even if you turned 40 on 1st Jan this 2011 you would be vets this year…

Im 40 in August.. not sure what I want to be shown as.. slowest Vet or slowest Over 18 !

blackblur
    Free Member

Si, you should go for vet category. You’ll be even more past it next year so this is your last chance to shine before you properly let yourself go.

I’m thinking of going vet because it might be my only chance ever of a podium finish unless everyone else that beat me last year is also about to turn 40 😯

simonm
    Free Member

once the second baby arrives Rich my Ridings out the window for a while.. so there is sense in your statement 😉

blackblur
    Free Member

You’re doing it all wrong then Si. No need to stop riding just because there’s another bundle of annoyance in the house. Just lay down the law and come out with us every Wednesday night. It’s post kiddie bedtime and it soon becomes the norm and is just accepted as being how things are. Or is my wife just extra nice/tolerant?
    Probably staying local in Wharncliffe tonight if you’re interested.

olixmb4x
    Free Member

any body know if ther will be a kit dump area for my full face helmet etc.. as i want to use a piss pot for trials. cba trekking down to the car with it when i dont need it.

Ben_Haworth

Oli – there’s no official kit dump but have a polite word with us guys at the Singletrack stand and we might be able to stash it for you for the duration :]

Handsomedog
    Free Member

Does anyone know if a decent way to get to the Quarries by public transport from Manchester?

Looking at googlemaps the nearest station is Rochdale which is a reasonable step.

stumpyjon

Oli – there’s no official kit dump but have a polite word with us guys at the Singletrack stand and we might be able to stash it for you for the duration :]

Or the PMBA stand 😉

Handsomedog, Todmorden is about the same distance as well but has a large hill as well. If you’re not bringing a bike (?) then the X43 bus to Rawtenstall is you best bet.

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Shimano Singletrack Classic Weekender – SAVE THE DATE!’ is closed to new replies.