Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shimano Saint MX80 Flat Pedals
  • chris_mbuk
    Free Member

Basically what the title says, would you recommend them ? there on sale for £34 on chain reaction, im after buying some pedals for my cotic bfe im almost finished building up, (hardtail) its going to be for xc/am/dh, pretty much everything, what ya rek!

Simon

I bought some from crc a few weeks ago, the rh pedal axle had loads of play in it out of the box. Crc swapped them but the replacements were sent to my work and I’ve been on holiday for a fortnight so I’ve not checked them yet.
    Great looking pedals but if I was buying again I’d just get Nanos.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

could of been a bad batch though? keep em coming peeps!

superdan

Same experience with one pedal being way looser than the other.
    I got a set cheap, and won’t buy another. Not terrible, just not as good as other stuff.
    I don’t rate the platform/pin as being as comfy or grippy as either the Nano/Nukeproof equivalent or my beloved Hopes.

Adding the additional pins and removing all the little pin spacers helped, but not by enough to compete.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member
    superdan

Superstar Nano is basically identical to the Nukeproof Neutron (iirc both share a lot with the old Kona WahWahs?)

Simon

I’ve got some Neutrons, they’re surprisingly tough considering they’re plastic. Reasonably grippy with Five Ten Freeriders not so good with my Tevas.
    Also got some Wah Wahs that have lasted well and grip well with my five tens and Tevas.

ajt123
    Free Member

Suck it up and buy some silver DMR Vaults.

I’ve tried most of the above. The Superstars are OK. The Neutrons are rubbish. Accept now substitute.

winrya
    Free Member

I’m currently running saints with the long pins and they have been bullet proof for the past 6 months. Super tough, taken some big hits and just keep going. Bearings are perfect still, they look good and are super grippy with my five tens. For ref my last bike was running dmr vaults which were a nice platform but I kept losing pins. Before than I had nukeproof nanos which were equally as good as the vaults but I’d take saints every time.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shimano Saint MX80 Flat Pedals’ is closed to new replies.