Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Shimano RT76 Rotors – Mounting Hardware question.
  • MrNero50
    Free Member

Just got some RT76 rotors and they come with mounting hardware (traingular headed screws and locking plates).

Do I have to actually use them or can I just mount the rotors as a normal rotor (mainly as I want to use Ti bolts)?

Thanks

druidh
    Free Member

Ti bolts on brakes eh?

rocketman
    Free Member

Have used Avid & Formula bolts with mine as well as the triangular-headed bolts that come with them.

No problems with any of them rotor bolts are rotor bolts

A smear of blue Loctite doesn’t go amiss

mikewsmith
    Free Member

locking plates always went in the bin.

Triangle bolts are PITA with other rotors especially anything countersunk.

In the end if your Ti bolts hold it on then no problem

PaulD
    Free Member

MrN,

I would like your triangular bolts and the paired alloy tab-washers if you are going to bin/shelve them.

PaulD

fathomer

Thread hijack, sorry!

If using normal bolts, say buying second hand, can you use without the ‘fixing washer’ and ‘Tightening plates’?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just put 6 bolts in the holes. 5 is enough 4 if your desperate.

Rest is waste of time

rocketman
    Free Member

If using normal bolts, say buying second hand, can you use without the ‘fixing washer’ and ‘Tightening plates’?

Yup have been using them like this for min 18 months I like to live life on the edge

fathomer

Nice one!

MrNero50
    Free Member

Nice one, as I suspected, thank you all.

Ti bolts on brakes eh?

Yes, nothing wrong with that, not as if I actually ride fast enough to use my brakes!

PaulD, I suspect at most I’ll just use the washer but the tightning plates and bolts will be shelved. Email in profile if you still want them.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Shimano RT76 Rotors – Mounting Hardware question.’ is closed to new replies.