Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Shimano RT76 rotors … are they worth it?
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

Pretty much what the title says, I’m going to treat myself to a new set of brakes and as Merlin have these on offer I thought I might as well.

Are they any better than normal RT66 ones, or do the just look nicer?

They’ll be going with SLX brakes BTW, so no fitment issues.

richmtb

The RT76 are the six bolt ones?

The shimano alloy spider rotors are very good, they are very stiff and tend not too warp, not particularly light though.

And they look better!

steve_b77
    Free Member

According to merlin they are

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I run RT79 rotors which are the centre lock version.Certainly stiffer than the RT75 rotors I run on my second bike,braking performance might be slightly better,weight is similar.

Not tried the new RT66 rotors,which appear to have a very similar braking surface to the RT 76 and are lighter,if not as sexy.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’ve used the RT76 rotors for a while. I think they’re great. They stay straight, look pretty cool, work well and weight isn’t too bad. What more do you want. I don’t think that Ice-Tec rotors are worth paying the money for, unless you’re riding lots of long, brake heavy descents all the time. e.g. the Alps.

rocketman
    Free Member

Have had some RT76s since they first appeared. I don’t think there are any performance gains to be had but they’re great quality

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Shimano RT76 rotors … are they worth it?’ is closed to new replies.