Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Shimano resin pads about dead. What next?
  • gcaster
    Free Member

Just taken my brakes apart (I should be revising but what the hell) and one set of pads have just about had their worth.

How do Superstar pads compare to the Shimano Resins? I was thinking of going for the Kevlar pads, how well do these last in UK conditions and whats the power like compared to the Shimanos?

I can't afford £20+ per pair so Shimano (and similaraly priced) replacements are out I'm afraid.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I always use this make – buy sintered pads for uk conditions. Buying direct is naff but plenty of stockists around that sell them.
    http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com/mountain/default.asp

mboy
    Free Member

A2Z blue compound, from the woollyhatshop… They're on ebay (just search A2Z)…

They are IMO the best pads you can buy for a combination of power and longevity, regardless of cost. The fact they're one of the cheapest too is a bonus!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Fibrax sintered off Ebay. I buy mine off an ebayer called "the VW mark" or something like that.

I have one set – new unopened to fit Deore M525's if they're any use? £5 delivered.

mboy
    Free Member

buy sintered pads for uk conditions

Only for "winter" conditions, which I'll agree is probably 6-8 months of the year!

You get a lot more benefits from running resin or organic pads in summer conditions though, namely better braking performance, reduced heat build up etc. And as long as it's not wet and muddy, resin/organic pads last plenty long enough anyway.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Shimano resin pads about dead. What next?’ is closed to new replies.