Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Shimano rear brake adapter 180mm post to post?
  • sam_underhill

Are the shimano post to post adapters the same front and rear? They seem to be sold as for the front, and the only rear specific adapters are IS to Post.

spawnofyorkshire

They’re fine on the rear, I used one on my last frame with no problems

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

I think most bikes are designed to run 140 rear and 160 front disc without an adapter . A 180 front adapter will therefore only be raising the brake size by 20mm so if used on the rear would space the brake to 160mm .

scraggy
    Free Member

Just bought one for a mate it was a front post to post 180,its been fitted to the back with no problems to a giant anthem

Superficial
    Free Member

What RN said is true for most frames and forks. Some confusingly will take a bigger disc without adaptors. It’s easier to think of them as “+ mm” adaptors IMO so a front 180 is +20mm.

sam_underhill

thanks. Both my bikes are post mount on the rear designed for a 160 rotor, so in alps prep I’m going up a size on the rotor. Looks like the normal 180 post to post adapter will work fine then (robbed from the front as that’ll up-sizing to 203).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Shimano rear brake adapter 180mm post to post?’ is closed to new replies.