Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Shimano price rise
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

I tried to order an ultegra sl rear mech yesterday on cycle store site yesterday at £40 and a few pence. Their website wouldn’t let me get past the dispatch address section, came up with ‘pace cannot be displayed’ and I e-mailed them about the problem and got a response to say they had plenty of orders that day. So I said I would try again today. So I just did – the mech is now over £70.

Now that’s some price hike.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Try looking at XTR chainrings…..

snakebite
    Free Member

try am XTR Chainset…

theflatboy
    Free Member

chain reaction have increased their prices but not by that much, to the extent that a lot of xt and xtr stuff is now listed at 40-45% below RRP. worth a look.

the ultegra sl mech’s on there for £45 inc. delivery.

juan
    Free Member

yeap was funny in the LBS for lunch as Mr shimano france was here while I was hoping for a nice relxing lunch with LBS owner.

Basically he came in they start talking and obviously they start on about the CRC and webstore disasters. And the rep had bloody cheecks to tell them 69€ was too much for a XT cassette because they were at XX € vat off from shimano france and that would be an hefty margin.

To which the LBS owners replied, yes but when we ordered them 2 month ago they were at XX+15% and two weeks ago at XX+25%…

Gary_M
    Free Member

found it on uk bike store for £45.99, its 49.99 on chain reaction.

Bit shoddy of cycle store to make it look as though you can still buy it at a price then not let you process the order. Would have been better to just show it out of stock.

phildowling
    Free Member

I work for a shop and XT Cassette now retail at £73!!! Mental

colande
    Free Member

its mental, i was umming and arring about buying a xt chain and cassette from wooleyhatshop 2 weeks ago, for £45 iirc,
    its increase £10 and then another £10 next week so £20 in 2 weeks,
    nearly 50% increase,
    wish i had bit the bullet

wwaswas

ther’es a new deore cassette in the clasifieds for £15 posted….

clunker

Exchange rate.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

got 2 xt cassettes and 3 deore chains for £83 delivered last week from woolley hat shop

Gary_M
    Free Member

Just had a look on wiggle at an ultegra sl compact chainset which I’m also after – £180, and £134 at crc.

I need to get in there at the cheaper prices.

nickc

XT cassettes are in stock on CRC for £40…

geetee1972
    Free Member

Clunker’s got it. The exchane rate between the Yen and the Pound has shifted from around 206 yen to £1 in Sept last year, to around 120 Yen to £1 now.
    That means that the cost to import Shimano stock has gone up by around 40%.

CRC have old stock that they can sell at a lower price because they bought it at a lower price.

nickc

Yen to £ is about 134 now, and still climbing.

sq225917
    Free Member

merlin are also dirt cheap on some shimano still.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Not such a big difference between SRAM and Shimano now.

Dan
    Free Member

where is the cheapest for SLX brakes then?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

just bought an XT cassette. Got a middle ring lying around somewhere that’ll do one more drivetrain. Then it’ll be on to singlespeed for me at these prices..

james-o
    Free Member

Depressing huh. We just had another round of high-end Shimano OE price rises based on the Yen rate, not Shimano’s cost prices. Same thing here.

2010 looks like it’ll be same if not more expensive than current prices, so buy now is my advice!

Dibbs
    Free Member

I bought this yesterday (luckily I didn’t pay full price).

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Shimano price rise’ is closed to new replies.