Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Shimano press fit BB and XT (FC-M780) cranks?
  • sodadr
    Free Member

Hi, I’ve got a quick question I hope someone can help with…

My wife has just ordered a 2014 Giant Trance SX from a lbs, and intends on swapping the Zee single ring crankset to a double. As we live somewhere with properly big hills she would like to go with the lower 32/24 gearing on a Shimano 3×10 (FC-M780)and put a bashring on in place of the big ring.

So, considering that currently we can get Shimano cranks cheaper online than our local shop can get it from their distributor, I’m about to order up the 3×10 XT crankset from CRC. I have a quick question. Will the FC-M780 work with the Shimano pressfit BB that the Trance comes with? I had a look at the specs for the Shimano pressfit MTB bb, and it mentions a shell width of 89.5mm, rather than the usual 68/73mm. I’m guessing this is the total width of a 73mm shell including standard external bearings plus a spacer?

Cheers!

coblck
    Free Member

they will work no problem as shimano all use 24mm spindle, my giant trance x 29er has the same BB and i have just fitted XT chainset to that

sodadr
    Free Member

Thanks coblck.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    drovercycles
    Free Member

Yep will fit fine.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Shimano press fit BB and XT (FC-M780) cranks?’ is closed to new replies.