Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shimano post mount caliper bolts
  • dwhite468
    Free Member

anyone know where you can buy caliper bolts for Shimano front brakes? Specifically it is the little half round washer that i’m after that stops the caliper moving as its tightened up?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The wee plastic clips? I’ve got some I’m sure, never had to use them. If I can find them I’ll gladly send you some.

dwhite468
    Free Member

Hi, No it’s not the plastic clips but thank you for the offer. The newer XT and XTR brakes are bolted on with a half round washer. Without it the caliper pulls over to one side as you do the bolt up. You can see them in the last picture in this artical.

http://www.bikemag.com/gear/first-impressions-shimano-xt-m8000/#W1ft8UEeuZRTDjA9.97

Onzadog
    Free Member

Google M6 seat and dish washers. They’re a normal engineering item, not something invented for disc brakes on bicycles.

spherical seat washers

STATO
    Free Member

That pic on bikemag shows the calipers bolted to the fork with a 180mm adaptor, this comes with its own (longer) bolts and those washers. You shouldn’t be using those bolts and washers unless with that adaptor. If you need the washers cos you lost them, safest way to get the right ones is to but another adaptor, they are cheap enough.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

They are the same washers that come with V brake pads. Pop into your local Halfords or bike shop, they should have a few rolling around the workshop floor.

BoardinBob

Just pull the brake and hold it tight as your doing up the caliper bolts to stop it moving as you tighten it

dwhite468
    Free Member

Cheers for the help, I am running a 180 rotor with a post mount adapter which is why I need the washers. A number of options here so sure I’ll sort it now. Cheers

toofarwest

Got a few rolling round in the bottom of the toolbox, let me know if you can’t find any and I’ll pop them in the post.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shimano post mount caliper bolts’ is closed to new replies.