• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by bbb.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Shimano non series freehub question
  • bbb
    Free Member

Hoping that someone can help here – a friend requires a new freehub for a non series shimano hub (FH-RM65) that came with a Cannondale F4. I've done a web search and it tells me I need the part number Y3CT98040 but I can't find this part for sale anywhere. Can anyone advise me which shimano freehub(s) are compatible with this rear hub as the distributor doesn't know.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Should be the same as an RM60 body which is part number 3CF 9804

FH-RM65 diagram

FH-RM60 diagram

So the importer does know 😉

bbb
    Free Member

Thanks for the confirmation of this – it still doesn't help with what freehub to order online that will fit this hub. The importer didn't seem to know either:
    Their reply

Unfortunately we do not range the particular Shimano freehub body you require. It appears to be a Shimano Original Equipment part spec'd by the bicycle manufacturer directly from Shimano.
    We would suggest contacting your nearest bicycle brand dealer, they should be able to help you locate a replacement freehub for your bike.

but with the part number you suggested I've found someone that sells it – many thanks!
    Shimano non series freehub

Mister-P
    Free Member

I will find out who sent that reply and give them the details I gave you so that they know in future.

bbb
    Free Member

Ok – no bother – I don't want to get anyone in trouble. I'm glad you could help though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Shimano non series freehub question’ is closed to new replies.