Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Shimano MT60 Shoes
  • forge197
    Free Member

Any one got the above shoes if so any thoughts.

nuke

Got a pair recently off the classifieds. Nice shoes and in the main getting on with them. However they are quite low cut at the back and this, combined with laces, makes them a little loose feeling at the back and this is noticable when walking up slopes: you tend to feel your heel lift out a little. Definetly try before you buy as I'd now consider getting a 43 instead of 44. Fine when riding though.

forge197
    Free Member

nuke the low back is prominent in the pictures, I did wonder how that tranlated into the real world 🙂 interesting observation.

ton

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=31538

if you mean these, i have.
    very very grippy on wet rock (i walked up the stream on nan bield in them.).
    very comfy, tho not too stiff.
    but, and it is a very big but.
    they are shoes and very very waterproof, so they fill with water very quickly in rain, streams… and then your foot is encased in a very squelchy almost makes a fart sound shoe.

i would not buy them knowing what i know now.

nuke

they are shoes and very very waterproof, so they fill with water very quickly in rain, streams

Combine this with the low side and it is going to be a problem. I got them at a good price but I wouldn't pay full price for them.

forge197
    Free Member

ton – those are the one's that doesn't sounds so good and as it's highly likely they will be used in the rain,

I've got MW02's for the winter but they are bit bulky for this time of year and the SPD shoes I do have are completly non water resistant and so wet feet even if you show them a puddle!!

What would you get instead ton?

ton

mine will be used for the daily commute come winter.
    i will stick with the mt90s for offroading.

forge197
    Free Member

ton do you use the MT90 all year round, they look good, see they are MT90L now though

ton

on my 2nd pair
    and i do use them all year long.
    used them on week summer tours for the last 2 years too.
    they clean up easy for apre ride beer too.

forge197
    Free Member

cool think I'll order a pair of those and retire my leaky shoes 🙂

Cheers

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Shimano MT60 Shoes’ is closed to new replies.