Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Shimano MP66W DX shoes…Ok for general SPD use ?
  • RagTi
    Free Member

Hi all,

I currently run flats with Shimano AM50s, however for some of my riding I want to go back to my trusty XTR SPDs. I love my AM50s as I struggle with really cold feet / circulation in the toes, and they help keep the cold out pretty good.

Could anyone tell me if the MP66 Dxs are good for general trail riding with a SPD pedal ?, or any other good choices for about £50

Many thanks

Kev

racing_ralph
    Free Member

love mine

RagTi
    Free Member

Hi Ralph,
    I take it you use them with a traditional SPD pedal ?, do they give good support and locate OK ?.
    Cheers
    Kev

steveh

My favourite spd shoe by a mile, so comfy. I use them with time atac pedals both larger freeride versions and standard atac’s without any problems.

RagTi
    Free Member

Cheers Steve
    Looking like I will get my order pinged through in the morning.
    Cheers
    kev

robhughes
    Free Member

Rag Ti.
    What size are you bud.iv,e got a brand new pair for sale
    Never worn and with sh51 cleats.

RagTi
    Free Member

Hi Rob, I need a 47!, long shot ?.
    Regards
    Kev

rugbydick

I use a pair with Crank Bro’s egg beaters (tiny little pedals) and have no issues, even on couple of hour long XC rides.

I have had problems getting the cleats to engage with Crank Bro mallets though.
    I sorted that by putting a small shim under the cleat (to push it out from the bottom of the shoe a fraction) and they work fine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Shimano MP66W DX shoes…Ok for general SPD use ?’ is closed to new replies.