Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Shimano Metrea – Where Is It?
  • woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

A while back I spotted the new Shimano Metrea group set. It seems ideal for my Roadrat, particularly with the supposedly extra corrosion resistance.

Months on and it still doesn’t seem to be on general sale. None of the big online stores are stocking it. Any idea when it’s out?

simondbarnes

It’s out already and pretty much all in stock with Madison except wheels and disc rotor. I’m guessing that big online stores haven’t got it in stock as there isn’t any surplus OEM stock available to them at the moment.

Any LBS with a Madison account can get it in for you.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

And by god it’s the most butt-ugly groupset ive ever seen. Just get Tiagra.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

I don’t want to pay Madison prices so it looks like I’m waiting. Tiagra just seems to rust. I don’t get a year out of the drivetrain

chickenjoy
    Free Member

I ordered the groupset through my local bike shop. They had contacts with Shimano Canada and ordered from them.

I did end up paying roughly $1500 CAD for the set plus other components (such as new handle bars) since I was intending to swap out all the components from my commuter bike (Norco Indie 2) with Metrea parts. The price is definitely on the steep end but I’m swapping four year old worn stock components and I’ve budgeted more than enough during the course of a year (intended to buy a new bike all together). So it’s a reasonable investment for me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Shimano Metrea – Where Is It?’ is closed to new replies.