• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by stuc.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Shimano me7 or m200 shoes, anyone?
  • ton

looking for a pair of spd shoes, ones that i can get the cleats as par back as possible.
    read reviews on both these shoes, and it seems you can on these.

anyone using either of them?

philstone

I’ve got ME7 and AM9 – love them both for different reasons. The ME7’s are stiffer, feel lighter and can be tightened up more for some reason. Nice and easy to get off when covered in mud etc.
    AM9s are heavier but comfier, don’t feel as efficient (more flex when cranking hard).

Both of them can have the cleats really far back.

I’d buy both of them again.

Heard a lot of reports of the soles pulling apart on the M200s so stayed clear of them.

nonk
    Free Member

I would go for the me7 ton I’ve had both and I’m so much happier with the me7 the m200 is a weird fit
    It’s kind of long and narrow which means even if you didn’t want to run the cleats that far back you would have to anyway where as the me7 is a normal fit with cleat position that can be moved really far back

duir
    Free Member

If you are prepared to pay ME7 prices then have a look at the Giro Terraduro Mid. Giro had a batch of early previous modal Terraduro shoes that had soles fall off but they fixed that issue quickly. Shimano however didn’t bother and incorporate removeable soles into most of their MTB shoes.

stuc
    Free Member

I’ve had the m200 and have a pair of me7 ready to go when spring arrives.

M200 have not really stood up too well but have done a lot of hike a bike in them. Id also echo the narrow fit.

Although I’ve not ridden them yet the me7 feel like they’ve more room in them, although still not a really wide fit I would say.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Shimano me7 or m200 shoes, anyone?’ is closed to new replies.