• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by huw.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Shimano M985 Pad Alternatives
  • huw
    Free Member

Does any other manufacturer (Alligator, Disco, Clarks etc) make the new style Shimano XT pad? Can’t seem to find alternatives, but may not be looking hard enough.

Thanks

cp

superstar – s5 pad.

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve had some Superstar Kevlars in my M985s since April, still not worn out.

awh
    Free Member

Nukeproof, available on CRC.

Superficial
    Free Member

Yep another vote for superstar pads.

MrTall
    Free Member

Disco pads do them, but they are right down the bottom of the shimano section. I know as i was looking at them last night.

Superstar pads seem ok these day by all accounts but having had one of theirs fall apart on me during a fast descent i’ve never been back since.

Disco pads have been great and the new XTR/XT ones they do (just one type) are £5 something each or £17 something for 4 sets. I shall be ordering some soon for my new XT brakes.

Shame i didn’t check that the new brakes take different pads before i ordered them, was hoping that all my brakes would share the same shimano pads but i guess not.

huw
    Free Member

Thanks all. I’ll try the Disco pads for now as I’ve been using them before on my other XT brakes and they’re pretty good.

I didn’t realise the new XT brakes were different either, should have checked.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Shimano M985 Pad Alternatives’ is closed to new replies.