Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Shimano M8000 XT Shifter Indicator Cover ?
  • Matt24k
    Free Member

I have tried all my usual searches but cannot come up with someone selling the cover that goes in place of the indicator on the latest XT 11 speed shifter.
    I have the Shimano part number Y03K98080 but must be lacking in internet search skillz.
    Anyone care to help?

br
    Free Member

Is the blanking plate not hidden behind, as per the old SLX’s?

godzilla
    Free Member

I was told they are a separate bit and arnt in stock yet.

ashweee
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m in the same boat, I messaged Madison this morning and have had the reply that the covers will not be available until later in the year and they advised to leave the indicator window attached to the shifter to stop any muck getting in.

I’m a bit disappointed that the shifter didn’t come with the cover like they used to.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Thanks for the speedy replies.
    I too was disappointed to find that they didn’t include the cover as on the earlier models.
    Correct me if I’m wrong but I guess most people paying for XT shifters don’t actually need to look at the indicators so why not supply them without.

tom67
    Free Member

Same here… as the availability of the i-spec b shifter is unknown I would purchase clamped version but the gear window puts me off. For the price they could include the 5 cent worth of plastic cover with it.

otsdr
    Free Member
    toppers3933
    Free Member

Madison have the ispec II in stock but not the ispec b.

nosedive
    Free Member

So do all xt bar mount 11 speed shifters come with an indicator? Hope not. It wont fit around my brakes if so. What about xtr shifters, do bar mount versions have indicator windows?

otsdr
    Free Member

Why use new shifters with old-timey brakes? Shimano made them different for a reason – change everything once a year or else.

nosedive
    Free Member

so I’m thinking of buying the xtr shifter just so I can find bar clamp with no indicator window. Has anyone tried this with the XT mech? I assume it should all work OK. I heard that xtr wouldn’t support the 11-42 tooth cassette but I guess thats a mech thing rather than a shifter thing

drovercycles
    Free Member

So do all xt bar mount 11 speed shifters come with an indicator?

Yes, all have indicator windows. Spare part required to change this not yet available, coming later in the year (probably around the same time as the Ispec-B version of the shifter, I imagine).

What about xtr shifters, do bar mount versions have indicator windows?

No, they don’t have the indicator window.

Has anyone tried this with the XT mech? I assume it should all work OK. I heard that xtr wouldn’t support the 11-42 tooth cassette but I guess thats a mech thing rather than a shifter thing

Yes, it will work OK (perfectly). XTR rear mech doesn’t officially support 42-tooth rear but will probably work fine (less than perfectly?). Nothing to do with the shifter, you can mix and match those with impunity. So XTR shifter, XT 11-42 cassette, and XT mech is probably your best option.

nosedive
    Free Member

thank you drovercycles, I figured it should work but nice to hear someone who knows for sure! xtr shifters and xt mech it is

lukedwr
    Free Member

Why would you want an indicator anyway? Either the gear is right,or you go up or down – how does an indicator change that?

(Genuine question)

drovercycles
    Free Member

I think most people who buy XT or XTR level kit don’t want the indicator – which makes it odd that the new XT shifters don’t (currently) give you the option to get rid of it.

robcolliver
    Free Member

Don’t fit them.

They weigh too much.

nosedive
    Free Member

I genuinely hate indicators. They offer no useful information and just get in the way. Part of shimanos learning process i guess. This year they figured out we dont want front mechs. Maybe next year they will figure out that we prefer wheels with sealed cartridge bearings

scotroutes

nosedive
    Free Member

At least finally some genuine 1x options though

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Bar mount 11sp XTR don’t have windows but this * happened to mine (and a mates) so decided to go XT with the shifter. Wanted spec b initially to marry my saints but obviously they are gold rocking horse shit. Decided to plump for windowed bar mount one with the view id get a cover plate when they become available but to be honest been running it a little while and I don’t mind it, even caught myself checking it a few times! Who knows how long the spec b ones will be but won’t be an expensive upgrade so will just wait for them…

* http://forums.mtbr.com/drivetrain-shifters-derailleurs-cranks/xtr-m9000-rh-shifter-jams-stops-working-anyone-else-had-967122.html

domcapper
    Free Member

Bumping an old thread. Are the indicator blanks available yet?

honourablegeorge

Yes, bike-components.de have them listed

chopchop
    Free Member

I ordered one from here on the weekend, not had a dispatch email yet though…

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/mobile/shimano-deore-xt-sl-m8000-base-cap-and-bolt-right-y03k98080-prod40216/

tom.nash

Mine from SJS arrived on Saturday – get your order in quick though! lol

ricky1
    Free Member

Ordered mine from SJS last night,can’t wait.

luket

Out of stock!

Grrr

br
    Free Member

Ordered mine today from SJS, after seeing one in the classified sector.

stany
    Free Member

Went to fit my blank today but I’m buggered if I can work it out, short of dismantling the whole shifter.
    I’ll try again at work rather than dingy shed but I’m not convinced it’s the correct part, despite the packaging saying it’s correct

Matt24k
    Free Member

I just placed my order with SJS but they are out of stock.
    The site indicates they will have more stock in tomorrow 10/02/16.
    I’ll confirm that as soon as I receive a despatch email.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Mine is still available in the classifieds. Had a number of people say they want it but no funds received yet 🙂

Bought it from SJS in preparation for receiving a new shifter from CRC…When it arrived the shifter was clearly an OEM version with no indicator and the blanking cover already fitted.

thepurist

Just ordered from

http://adnorthshop.co.uk/shimano-spares-sl-m8000-right-hand-base-cap-and-bolt/

Doesn’t confirm they’ve got stock at the mo, but 60p cheaper than SJS 😉

Matt24k
    Free Member

Just got a mail from SJS.
    “Unfortunately the base cap and bolt is currently out of stock and will be 1-2 days until we receive it from our supplier. (All due dates are given as an estimate and not guaranteed.)”

thepurist

Adnorth shop above sent a dispatch notification today, so an alternative to sjs?

ricky1
    Free Member

Received today from SJS,yet to see if it fits,I must have had the last one 8)

Flapjack
    Free Member

Swinnerton cycles have them in stock 😀

£7.50 delivery though 😯

Matt24k
    Free Member

Latest from SJS.

“Your order status has been updated to Despatched

Your order WEB-xxxxx has been sent via 1st Royal Mail .”

I’d get in there quickly at £4.49 inc delivery.

br
    Free Member

Arrived yesterday from SJS – good service, will look at the site for other stuff now.

toys192
    Free Member

I got mine form SJS with some other stuff, they were dog slow at despatching (on the third day after order) but then their 2nd class parcel post arrived next day.

thepurist

Arrived from adnorth too, 15p cheaper than sjs 😉

luket

Got mine from adnorth too. I bought the blanking plate to mount my brakes inboard because that’s what I’ve always done. But having installed it I’d say the shifters are already better designed for for one finger braking mounted inboard than my old 9 speed ones used to be. With my SLX brakes from a couple of years ago anyway. So the jury’s out for now which way I prefer on this shifter/brake combo.

Still, tidier to be rid of the shift window. Anyone want a job lot of shimano shift windows of various vintages?!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Shimano M8000 XT Shifter Indicator Cover ?’ is closed to new replies.