Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Shimano M675 brake opinions please…
  • carlos
    Free Member

A riding mate is after some new brakes but on a bit of a budget, so I’m after a bit of real world advice on the Shimano M675 brakes that are on Merlin for £125 inc rotors.

Being a Hope owner, I know nothing about Shimano brakes tbh. Are these as good as the reviews claim? For that sort of price inc rotors, I’m pretty sure he’ll not go wrong.

Anybody running these care to give their opinion?

Or would the M785 without rotors be a better buy at a tenet dearer?

Thanks

darrenspink
    Free Member

Great brakes for the price. Unless your mate races professionally he won’t notice any difference between something a lot more expensive…I didn’t 🙂

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Been running mine for a few weeks now – very impressed. No rub, lots of power and seem reliable so far.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Check out Wiggle too – sub £100 without rotors – and they come with the Ice-Tech pads which the Merlin ones don’t.

br
    Free Member

also try Ribble, they were cheaper at the w/e

carlos
    Free Member

Cheers, looking a good option so far. He is nippy and defo not a slouch or mincer but far from a racer, lol.

Off to Sierra Nevada Spain in a few weeks so need to get these sorted for him.

Hamish – he blue’d up a rear rotor last night through a sticking pad so the extra few ££ for rotors is a bonus, but I’ll look into the price of 2x rotors separately

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Shimano M675 brake opinions please…’ is closed to new replies.