Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Shimano M6000
  • Goldigger
    Free Member

Deore m6000, brakes look nice..

11-42 10 speed cassette..Nice option for 1×10? Hopefully it will work with 10speed XT (using an XT medium cage).

docrobster
    Free Member
    Goldigger
    Free Member

I rarely visit the front page…

jonnyboi

Well they still haven’t killed 3x

oldnpastit

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I like Deore kit, I can hammer it and grind it into dust without really worrying about it. That new stuff looks nice.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Cassettes will weigh a ton, the big news is the release of the Deore 10 speed 11-42 compatible rear mech. Finally a solution to ‘stop gap fixes’ like Lindarets Goat Link and OneUp Radcages and the bad practice of fitting extra long b knuckle screws which are the cause of poor chain wrap and accelerated drivetrain wear.

Wonder how many would have bothered to upgrade to 11 speed if these had been available over the last 24 months or so, not daft Shimano.

cookeaa

I’m interested to know cassette weight/price, and if they’re going to do an 11-40 perhaps.

I assume the mech uses the same cable pull as previous 10 speed Dynasis, so a change of shifter won’t be required… I’ll be dragging more life out of 10-speed kit now then…

This seems to be where the lower to mid market is headed with Deore, SLX and NX, how much range can you squeeze for your money…

Also interesting that they’ve finally done a 9-speed 11-36T cassette for Alivio/Acera/altus having previously limited all 9-speed groups tooth count… Still no 9-speed clutch (they’ve not gone mad obviously)…

kelvin

Good spot on the 11-36t 9 speed… that’s the kid’s bike finally getting a useful bottom gear at last.

martinhutch

that’s the kid’s bike finally getting a useful bottom gear at last.

Never mind the children. 22×36 here I come! 🙂

Wonder what the pricing will be like for the alivio stuff? I’ll be needing to build up a couple of cheap as chips 26ers for the kids by the summer.

scotroutes

12-36 was available in Deore though.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

slx m7000 has both the 10 and 11 speed options, i cant see this deore set being great value with the current dollar exchange rate, even XT m8000 is similiar priced to SLX M7000. i await crc prices with baited breath.

but agree the rear derailleur could be great

BoardinBob

I’m assuming these are in USD but should give us an idea on price (the same in GBP probably)

kelvin

12-36 was available in Deore though.

Oh yeah, I remember now, I took too low level Shimanos apart to make the boy a 11-36, so this doesn’t offer him anything extra. Damn.

P-Jay
    Free Member

@BoardinBob

You’ll never pay that though, Shimano stuff is always discounted.

I’ve got my eye on the 11-46 SLX Casette, I’d guess it’ll fall below £50 a few weeks after the first ones arrive, that’s more paletable than £80 for the XT.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

P-jay can you not get a Sunrace cassette sub £50 these days? Might be an option.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

cookeaa – Member
    I’m interested to know cassette weight/price, and if they’re going to do an 11-40 perhaps.

I’m seriously worried it may pull more asteroids into the path of the earth if XT is anything to go by 😉

You’ll never pay that though, Shimano stuff is always discounted.

Strange isn’t it, they really need to get OEM and distribution in order.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Much as I’m not going to be buying the stuff I can’t understand why they’ve shrunk the rings on the triple at the same time as increasing the cassette range. Why go to 22,30,42 and give smaller range than you had on an older triple?

dirtydog
    Free Member

@Dangerourbrain Larger wheels require smaller rings, closer front ratios means shifting between 40,30 and 22 rings will require no rear recovery shifts which means easier to maintain cadence hence the rhythm step moniker.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Shimano M6000’ is closed to new replies.