Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • shimano m324s any good or any alternatives?
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

thinking about getting a set of these for the pompino as i seem to forever be changing the pedals from spds for commuting and longer excursions and then putting the flats on for trips to the pub/park etc.

i assume the m324s work just as you’d expect, but the flat side looks like the typically shit ungrippy basic shimano cage pedals. are there any alternative two-siders or is that basically the only option?

cynic-al
    Free Member

the older model works great for me though I’m not riding off road with them. 10 years old now!

theflatboy
    Free Member

reckon i’ll probably just get some, they’re fairly ronseal… though i’ve just seen these ones:

the A530 which looks to have a bigger and better flat platform, but it doesn’t exactly look very grippy…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cynic-al
    Free Member

platform looks a bit crap to me. Also the spd side will wear out whereas the M324 has a steel plate.

FWIW I commute on the flat side of mine. All on road but no dramas.

mayan
    Free Member

I’ve got some M324’s on my pompino, for the exact same reason.
    SPDs for the commute and then flat side for popping out to shops / park / pub.
    Works great, obviously the pedal defaults to whichever side you dont want at that moment in time, but thats to be expected and no hassle to flip.
    The cage side isnt the grippiest, but is fine with normal trainers and I dont use it for muddy situations or when I need grippiness.

Had them for 5 yrs or so, on and off different bikes, I dont think I’ve ever even cleaned them and in true boring shimano styley, they work and carry on working.
    Recomended.

theflatboy
    Free Member

good stuff, cheers both. 324s on the way. 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

i can confirm that i’m pleased with these! picked some up on the way home yesterday, popped them on. rode to the pub on the flat side last night, rode to work with the spds today. happy todays. unglamorous but functional!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘shimano m324s any good or any alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.