Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Shimano M-785 2012 XT Snapped !
  • scbutcher
    Free Member

Hi, not posted on here before, i get the Mag but thought i would register as i need to ask a question ref my pedal failing half way round my local ride this evening,

Basically heard a PING like a stone hitting the frame but felt a tap through my cleat on my right foot ! the next minute i was hanging off the bike barreling into a bush, managed to collect a tree before coming to rest in a crumpled heap against a wooden fence post ! all this after i had decided to ride without my lid !

When i got up i found a pedal stuck to my right foot and the spindle attached to the crank arm ?

Looking at the pedal itself it is still in excellent condition as its been on there for a mere 4 rides ! something has given but i do not know what it is ? i’m not mechanically minded, there are small bearings in there and they look round and not corroded in any way, i,m not sure how it goes back on as there is no fixings on display on the end of the spindle it must be pressed on ?

Sorry for the long post ? but it beats watching the closing ceromony ?

any help or advice greatly apreciated

Rhanks,

legend
    Free Member

4 rides old? Get it back to the shop

Rorschach
    Free Member

Known issue (usually xtr and thankfully not that common).Return to point of purchase and they’ll get you some new pedals from madison under warranty.
    Are you scooby do?

backtothetop
    Free Member

lol at scooby do comment

scbutcher
    Free Member

I will tmrw for sure, I’ve done a quick google search but there doesent seem to be any ref to failing pedals,

I’m astonished as the ones i have just put back on are ancient and still going strong ?

scbutcher
    Free Member

Eh ?

Scooby Do ? i dont follow ?

proberts
    Free Member

Haha…..RHANKS…. Good spot!!!

althepal

Rhanks! (I think is what theyre referring to mate!)
    Heard of a few folk with this problem.. Sure your shop will sort it out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Shimano M-785 2012 XT Snapped !’ is closed to new replies.