Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Shimano LX compatibility query
  • thetabber
    Free Member

Can anyone advise on the compatibility, or otherwise, of shimano deore lx 2007 with current deore/slx kit?

Specifically, i have the LX M585 disc brakes but one of the calipers is playing up (stuck piston – have tried cleaning/bleeding and no change). Could i swop it for a current deore/slx caliper (m585 calipers appear to be difficult to come by).

Any advice gratefully received.

PJay
    Free Member

I’d be interested to know that too as my M585s don’t work well in the cold (dodgy seals apparently) and may need replacing before next winter. I’m pretty sure they’re compatible but confirmation would be nice.

thetabber
    Free Member

Think i’ve found the answer to my own query:

http://www.shimano-benelux.com/publish/content/global_cycle/en/nl/index/tech_support/faq_s/compatibility.download.-Par70parsys-0021-downloadFile.html/Discbrake_2009.pdf

Essentially, with the exception of the SLX (i think, M665?), all BL and BR models are interchangeable.
    Sorted.

PJay
    Free Member

I emailed the UK Shimano Service Centre about my issues in cold whether and they stated that BRM595Fr or BRM595FRW are the equivalent callipers (to the M585s I assume) and would be compatible witht the levers.

greeble
    Free Member

assuming you have the right connectors any shimano hydraulic disc lever is compatable with any shimano hydraulic disc caliper.

currently running old saint calipers with slx levers

bigyinn
    Free Member

IIRC only the original XT (M755) and the new XTR aren’t compatible, everything else will work with everything else.
    BTW I have an XTR front with a M595 lever and its fine.
    The M595 calipers are a straight fitting.

thetabber
    Free Member

Great, thanks for help with that.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Shimano LX compatibility query’ is closed to new replies.