Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Shimano lever/calliper mix and match
  • tomvet

My deore callipers both front and rear have developed leaks around the piston contaminating rotor and pads leading to squeaky bum descending.

The levers are deore m615, I have seen some m7000 slx callipers at crc for £28 each and deore m6000 ones for £30 each. So will the cheaper and in theory better slx callipers work with my deore levers?

thanks

feed

Yes

vincienup
    Free Member

As I understand, there’s no ‘in theory’ about SLX vs Deore callipers – SLX gets better pistons that should insulate the fluid more effectively. Whether you notice this is a different matter.

andyl
    Free Member

Got a brand new set of M785 XT in their packets I keep meaning to put up for sale if you are interested and dont need ispec II for your shifters?

andyl
    Free Member

Ps SLX should have reach adjust with a thumb screw compared to allen key on deore you have. XT get the addition of a bike point adjust screw in the body instead of the blanking cap. That was on the pre M7000/M8000 range. XT calipers pretty much the same as SLX with the ceramic piston but have screw in pad pins instead of split pins (new slx M7000 seems to have the screw too)

tomvet

Hi andyl thanks for the offer but I need the ispec II I think.

andyl
    Free Member

no worries. Thought I would mention it as I thought Deore M615 would be ispec B.

Take a look here to be sure: http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/article/shimano-i-spec-a-b-and-ii-mounts-explained-44410/

M7000 levers are probably Ispec II so be careful or your may end up not being able to mount your shifters if you end up with all new brakes instead.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Shimano lever/calliper mix and match’ is closed to new replies.