Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Shimano iSpec: Need anything other than shifters & levers?
  • bails

As per the title, how does this shimano iSpec gubbins work? I’ve got (iSpec compatible) XT shifters and might be buying some new XT or SLX brakes.

If I want to put the levers and shifters on the same clamp, do I need to buy any other bolts? Or does everything just fit together?

jairaj

Do your current shifters have the i-spec bracket? If not you’ll need that too

ie the sliver coloured bit that looks like this, rather than the usual round clamp that goes on your bars

If you look there is a little hook shaped bit. This connects to the brake leaver handlebar clamp and a little bolt holds it all together nice and secure.

bails

Thanks.

No, I’ve just got the bar clamps on the shifter. Oh well, it’s not a deal breaker 🙂

fathomer

If your buying new brakes, chances are they’ll be the newer i-Spec-B, make sure the adapters you buy are also i-Spec-B.

Newer shifters work with old brakes but old shifters won’t work with new brakes apparently.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Shimano iSpec: Need anything other than shifters & levers?’ is closed to new replies.