Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • shimano ispec and reverb – lets see setup
  • iainc

I have XT ispec and use a left hand reverb lever, upside down on right. I have moved the brakes in a bit to aid one finger use but it means that my reverb lever, which is just inboard of the brake/shifter clamp is now not handy reach from the grips when riding. I can’t see any obvious way of getting it closer to grips…an I missing something obvious ?

crouchingpig
    Free Member

Time for 1 x 10? 🙂

vonplatz
    Free Member

I had the same problem and mounted the reverb remote to the right of the brake clamp at quite an awkward angle and was unable to adjust the return speed of the post due to proximity of the shifter body. I’d send pictures but I have since gone 1×10. This works for me but I understand that may not be a solution for everyone. There is a market for someone who can find a solution to this problem.

muddy9mtb

nope, the gear shifter and brake combo just get in the way when using it upside down. I’ve got the same setup and even using a “right hand” lever on the left side it still won’t go. so unfortunately I’m stuck with it in the all to prone upper position…but at least I can reach it easily. on the upshot it does fit quite nicely on top but obviously (like a jimmy saville) a bit exposed

timmys

I settled on the setup pictured above too

iainc

thanks, might go back to that setup, as I have about 2cm space between the lock on grip and the ispec collar and then another few cm to the upside down reverb button. The reverb button is 7cm inboard of the lock on collar and 20cm in from the bar end

jairaj

I tried for ages and in all kinds of combinations. Either the gears and brakes felt good and the reverb was out of reach or vice versa or the reverb just didn’t physically fit.

I ended up with a similar setup to muddy9mtb apart from I rotated the reverb a bit so sits a bit flatter. So when I turn the bike upside down the lever is not touching the ground.

muddy9mtb

yes flatten the angle so the push button is not in contact with the ground when upturned. that’s not my bike by the way just the view to show how it fits in 8)

iainc

[/url]reverb by iain.clow, on Flickr[/img]

dunno why its come up so small, but here’s the setup. I just tried it right way up on left but its too close in to the grips if between the grip and the shifters and if I mount it inside them, not much different to where it is now, where at least it’s protected. Think will stick with it as is and just be careful to adjust on the fly on easier bits of trail !

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘shimano ispec and reverb – lets see setup’ is closed to new replies.