Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Shimano i-spec B individual shifter mount help please
  • carlos
    Free Member

After being asked by a riding buddy for assistance in sourcing some new Shimano brakes, I’ve come to a stumbling block in trying to find what he’s after, as its not a like for like swap. Now it might or might not even be available but what he wants is –

Separate mounted brakes and shifters, as he is looking to replace the brakes but wants to keep his existing shifters.

He currently has Shimano Deore BL-M615 i-spec B brakes and the shifters mount onto the lever.

So can anyone help with finding a mount for the i-spec B shifter that will allow it to be mounted on its own. Sourcing the brakes is the easy bit.

Thanks

benpinnick

I dont think you can get the covers to go from iSpec to clamp on, only the other way.

If its Shimano brakes again, I’m guessing its M7000/8000 then I think you’re out of luck and need a new shifter.

legend
    Free Member

These’ll do the job I believe (works for my XT shifter) https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/gear-spares/black-kcnc-xtr-shifter-clamps/

EDIT: Ignore, apparently they dont work on i-spec B (was sure I had B, oh well)

EDIT 2: They do have a new one though that may work: http://clee-cycles.co.uk/P51583/product

carlos
    Free Member

Thanks guys. As I thought then

I’ve passed on the info I’ve found and your comments and he has now changed his mind a little and opted for some XT M785’s from Germany in the i-spec B flavour. Means a quick swap about of hose’s, but everything will just bolt on to his current shifters.

benpinnick

What brakes was he going for?

carlos
    Free Member

benpinnick – Member
    What brakes was he going for?

He was looking at some XT M8000 or Zee M640’s but tbh we hadn’t really got that far as first thing to sort was independant shifter mounting.

He is happy with the fact that his setup won’t change but he’ll have better brakes both ends for a shade over £130 all in.

benpinnick

The zees would work. Any generation would work with the right nut, but probably they will be iSpec b so good out of the box.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Shimano i-spec B individual shifter mount help please’ is closed to new replies.