Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • shimano hub spares – where from?
  • nedrapier

I need numbers 8, 9, 11 & 12 from here: techdocs.shimano.com…FH/EV-FH-M760

I've found 9 on SJS Cycles, but none of the others. I've been to the LBS (Cycle Surgery) but they're saying it could be 21 – 28 days, and recommended trying t'interweb.

Any ideas?

Ta.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Shimano spares are post free from any Madison dealer, so if one place is telling you 21-28 days, chances are madison don't have them in stock, in which case the easiest way if you need them now will be to buy a hub & strip out what you need

mtbfix

Search the parts on madison.co.uk and you can order them to be shipped to your local dealer. It all appears to be in stock, by the way.

nedrapier

Cheers Mr Wonder,

They said that the problem was that they'd arrive at the Cycle Surgery warehouse, then sit there waiting for enough other stuff to accumulate for that store to be worth sending out.

Is that shimano spares free post thing a :SCIENCE FACT: quoteable at shop attendees?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

the cones are standard to prety much any rear hub, shimano or otherwise, im running shimano mtb bits in my 40year+old french roadie hubs!

mtbfix

I believe that kit ordered through the madison site gets added to the dealers next order.

The cones are not all standard. Some may be interchangeable but for all the seal gubbins to seat correctly in Shimano hubs you have to have the right cone, spacer and seal.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

IF the parts you need are listed as a 'spare' at Madison, then yes, they are sent out with no carrage charge to the dealer.

nedrapier

I was just on the Madison warehouse, found the cones for starters, put them in my basket went to checkout, the price magically changed to £48 each!

and incredibly annoyingly, there are no dealers within walking distance of my work (centralish London), but a ring of 13 betweeen 2 and 5 miles away. Same at home: nothing, then a ring of 7 or 8 about 17 miles away! rrrgh.

And if mtbfix is right:

I believe that kit ordered through the madison site gets added to the dealers next order.

I might choose a dealer then find myself waiting ages for their next full order to be dispatched?

cynic-al
    Free Member

When I worked at lbs, Madison would send out spares FOC, not sure if that arrangement is now overidden by the new one.

coatesy
    Free Member

£100min order to qualify for free delivery with Madison.If they're the same part no.s as Deore Hubs then i'm sure we've got complete axle sets in stock for not a lot of money. If you can measure the diameter of the seal housing in the hub/freehub body we should be able to tell if they'll fit.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Coatesy, have a look on the b2b next time you order, or ask them over the phone, Shimano spares are free postage, I ordered a couple of Alfine bits this afternoon.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Coatsey Shimano spares and Wheels Manufacturing mech hangers are exempt from the minimum order charge. If you ring Mark in telesales he will confirm this and get the bits to you ASAP 😉

If your LBS orders Shimano spares from Madison they are sent post free usually same day, they do not wait for another order.

nedrapier

Mister P :

So if my shop gives me the 28 days treatment, I can say "Madison usually send them out same day, FOC. Speak to Mark in Telesales" ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yes.

coatesy
    Free Member

You learn something new every day.Ta.

nedrapier

Brilliant. Cheers All!

I might get the bike running again before the end of the month!

Still all related to this: should have bought the whole hub after all! http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/gritty-freewheel-solutions

And waiting on enduro bearings for bottom bracket, also borked. I'm going to ignore the (slightly) borked headset for now, as it's an old style Hope and they don't stock the bearings any more. You live and learn, eh?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘shimano hub spares – where from?’ is closed to new replies.