Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shimano HTII crankset weights? (without rings)
  • MarcSussex
    Free Member

Does anyone know the weight(s) of the shimano HTII cranksets, without rings?

I’m after a triple to run a single ring with, and there is quite a difference in price in the range, just wondering if there is also a significant difference in weight between the crank arms of Deore (M610), SLX (M670) and XT (M780).

Any info much appreciated.

pimpingimp
    Free Member

Can’t help with Deore, but I seem to recall SLX weighs about 5g more than XT, the weight saving is in the rings.
    This was the case a year or so ago anyway.

jamiep
    Free Member

did I dream this? That I read somewhere on here earlier today – 60g

edit: it wasn’t a dream, but it wasn’t 60g either but 40g

warpcow
    Free Member

Put whatever it is you’re looking for into google and look at the image result. E.g. “SLX crank arm weight”. You’ll find a few photos of them on scales like this:

Fwiw, sicklines.com has a good image database of this kind of thing.

MarcSussex
    Free Member

Thanks all. So, not a lot in it then. Certainly not worth the extra outlay IMO.

Your info and also this subsequent post, has been most useful. http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/crank-arm-weights-shimano-slx-vs-xt

It’s hard to ignore the £47 M610 triple price on Ribble.

ste_t
    Free Member

I weighed the no-name (m4something) shimano cranks that came on my bike and they were exactly the same weight as the deores I was going to replace them with. Only difference was the finish

warpcow
    Free Member

My previous gen. Deores weighed about 30gr more than my SLX ones iirc. Lighter than quite a few other companies facier stuff.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i recently weighed my deore cranks (it’s a nonstop party in my house!)

640g.

a MASSIVE 40g heavier than slx.

(which are in turn, a feather heavier than xt)

it’s quite impressive really.

jamiep
    Free Member

Marc Sussex
    It’s hard to ignore the £47 M610 triple price on Ribble.

especially if you bump your basket up to £50 and then add the 10% off shimano code

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shimano HTII crankset weights? (without rings)’ is closed to new replies.