Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • shimano HT2 BB's
  • MartynS

is there any reason a M970 (xtr) would not work with a XT HT2 crankset. Are they any better than the XT versions which are £10 cheaper though? will they last longer, or are they not quite as robust?

There a good price on CRC at the mo, and I have christmas vouchers to spend!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

all shimano mtb ht2 bbs are compatible with all shimano (And other makes – fsa/race face) cranksets

MartynS

thought as much, always worth a check though…
    Should I have a look at anything else, or just stick with the big S.. XTR for £35 seems like a good deal to me1

BadlyWiredDog

Id just get the XT tbh. Or SLX. It’s a disposable item, the standard SLX ones are fine these days, spending an extra tenner seems a bit pointless imho. I’ve used both, I can’t say that the XTR seemed functionally superior or more durable.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

rose bikes saint is best ime and its gold!!

MartynS

Id just get the XT tbh. Or SLX. It’s a disposable item, the standard SLX ones are fine these days, spending an extra tenner seems a bit pointless imho. I’ve used both, I can’t say that the XTR seemed functionally superior or more durable.

Ta BWD thats perfect.

Rose bikes looks good, but its CRC vouchers I’ve got!

erny
    Free Member

Just ordered a xtr from Rose,thanks 😀

Northwind

I’m not convinced XTR is any better than XT/SLX tbh. Big difference between those 3 and Deore though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘shimano HT2 BB's’ is closed to new replies.