Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Shimano freehub to SRAM XD?
  • legendof1973
    Free Member

Hi,

How easy is it to change a Shimano 10 speed freehub to a SRAM XD? Is it ‘simples’ or expensive? A simple case of swapping my SRAM XD with the Shimano Hub or an expensive purchase?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Depends what hub you have to start with. Quick Google of your hub and sram xd will tell you the price of the freehub

legendof1973
    Free Member

Looking to buy Easton Heist wheels second hand. They currently have a Shimano freehub but I run an 11 speed XD. Just need to know if it’s easy to change over?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Manual makes it look easy, same as a service
    EA70 SL Disc Wheel

legendof1973
    Free Member

They always do but I don’t want to buy then find it’s a no go!!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

take a look at the exploded diagram, it’s a swappable part. Same as removing the freehub to clean it or change a bearing. There is probably a you tube video if you search for it.

legendof1973
    Free Member

Yes, their is, looks simple. Just wanted to be sure! Cheers

legendof1973
    Free Member

So, the wheels arrived and the SRAM XD freehub does not fit in to the Shimano hub like in the diagram!!! The SRAM XD freehub is much bigger. The Shimano hub is a FH524, printed on it.

My next question is that can I just buy a Shimano 11speed cassette and put it on and will my SRAM XO 11speed derailleur work perfectly with a Shimano hub???

Thanks

orangeboy
    Free Member

Yes you can use a shimano 11 speed mtb cassette and yes its will work with sram shifter/mech

Did you get the Easton xd driver that’s Ment to fit your new wheels ?

simondbarnes

Freehubs aren’t a universal fit. You have to have the correct one for your hub.

legendof1973
    Free Member

Yes, i need this for the hub. Is their a cheaper option that will fit or does it have to be this one for an Easton rear hub?

http://www.silverfish-uk.com/ProductDetail/15787/18720/X5-Cassette-Body-Sram

simondbarnes

It has to be the exact one for the hub you have.

legendof1973
    Free Member

Ok, cheers. I take it my SRAM XD 11 speed cassette will fit right on to it with no issues?

simondbarnes

All SRAM cassettes designed to fit onto xd freehubs will fit on all xd freehubs.

scotroutes

The Shimano hub is a FH524, printed on it.

AFAIK there is no XD freehub available for Shimano hubs.

Are you sure you have the correct model of Easton wheel?

Has someone replaced the original hub with a Shimano one?

Have Easton changed the type of hub fitted to those wheels?

legendof1973
    Free Member

Cool, cheers!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

at this point pics and part numbers of what you have is your best bet (or go talk to a bike shop)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Shimano freehub to SRAM XD?’ is closed to new replies.