Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Shimano DX shoes = rocking horse dung
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

if anyone else is getting frustrated looking for DX SPD shoes, Ribble Cycles have most sizes in, and are currently doing them for ~£48 including postage which is the cheapest I’ve seen.

Not associated with ’em, but did spend ages trying to get some size 41 before the imminent Passeport (my 11 year old Chili’s have had it :oops:) and most obvious mail order places (wiggle, CRC) are out of some if not all sizes, and the importer told my LBS they wont have any more til mid August 8O.

Ribble have apparently only just started doing MTB kit (i’d never have thought of them and they were on about page 6 of my googling…) which might be why theyve not sold out.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve a pair of size 45’s if anyone want them?

rOcKeTdOg

if you can live/carry off white, there are some here
    http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/product/shimanomp66wspdshoe.aspx?&id=10352

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

the ones I ordered ARE white! LL were the only other shop with them not listed as sold out, but as Ribble specified they actually had them in stock, and were cheaper they got my bizniz.

rOcKeTdOg

oh i see you said not sold out!, 😀 i’ll get my reading glasses!

OrangeChammy
    Free Member

These are the best shoes ever! I still have my original grey ones… 3 years and still going strong. these are the toughest, comfiest bike shoes bar none.

Can’t wait until they go back to black though – do not fancy the white ones, just a personal thing. Wish I stocked up on the last model in black while I had a chance, saw them at less than £40 last year 🙁

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Just a thumbs up to ribble for getting the shoes to me within 24hrs for a grand total of £48 (the cheapest I saw them for), and very well packed.

Didnt like white when I first saw em, but they are cool in a Run DMC stylee. And will get dirty soon enough.

rOcKeTdOg

they certainly do in the UK summer!

naokfreek
    Free Member

Had the whities since dec, and luv em, comfi and a break from the normal black and that, bung em the the washing machine, good as new, wearing very well indeed…..tip farkin top.

and got them for xmas so double bonus

monkeychild
    Free Member

Ok stupid question time! Do time cleats fit on these shoes???

hugorune

Leisure lakes 2 weeks ago for £39.99. I should have bought a couple of pairs 😀

Vortexracing

are they bringing black ones back? I have a pair of the non SPD ones and love em.

just can’t bring myself to buy some white mountainbike shoes.

It’s britain FFS, it’s always filthy!

2hottie
    Free Member

Ribble used to sell MTB’s including some of their own branded frames many years ago. I bought my first proper bike from them, a nice GT Outpost. Then they just stopped, which was a shame. If they are back into selling MTB stuff then I am buggered as they are only 2 minutes walk away from me at the bottom of my road!!!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Yup when I spoke to them yesterday they are getting back into it and website looking okay too! bad luck 2hottie best get the cheque book ready.

Vortexracing

2hottie, the shop does’nt always have a load of MTB stuff in. in fact very little. The warehose on Walton Summit is were all the MTB stuff tends to be held. A bit more of a walk for you I expect.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Shimano DX shoes = rocking horse dung’ is closed to new replies.