Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • shimano dual control
  • Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

i have some XTR dual control, not sure if i like it, anyone else use it and feel the same, then love it? is it worth sticking with and will i “get it”…..

crazy-legs

Depends which way round the mech is. For high normal, I love DC. If you’re using Low-Normal (Rapid-Rise) which is what Shimano suggests, I can’t stand it. Try it both ways if you can.

IMHO, High Normal + DC = best shifting ever.
    On the other hand, I know plenty of people who can’t stand it.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Really got on with it, very intuitive. Not sure id buy again though, only because im not a massive fan of shimano brakes.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

when i flick the lever up, it goes to a lower gear, is that low normal? i reckon it would work better for me, to shift lower gears you flick down. its the 2007 XTR i have, ive heard the 2008/09 version is much better.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got the 2006 XTR, I really like the rear shifting, not so keen on the front – too much of a throw, so I’m changing the front to rapidfire.
    Used it for 3 years though and its good.
    Low-normal is the most intuitive for me. (Push down to higher gear (smaller cog))

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Merlin has them on a very good offer, mainly because no one wants them I suspect.

Garry_Lager

I’ve gotten very used to them over the years – probably wouldn’t use anything else if I’m building up a new bike. The brakes would be the weaker link in the system. I like the XT set I have, they’re good but not outstanding like some maguras I’ve owned have been.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ll take em if you want rid. I think I have a high normal rear mech tho :/ I love it.

dave_aber
    Free Member

I put one on my RHS when I was recovering from a broken thumb, with a normal shadow mech – got on OK.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

molgrips, whats your email address?

crazy-legs

Trev, you’ve got Rapid Rise (low normal).
    See if you can borrow/steal a high-normal mech for it and give it a try, it’s SO much better that way round.

mudshark
    Free Member

so I’m changing the front to rapidfire.

You want one of each? Craziness!

dave_aber
    Free Member

You want one of each? Craziness!

That’s what I was using with my crappy right thumb – Rapidfire for the LHS, dual control for the RHS – worked fine. I thought I’d fit the LHS if I liked them, but got used the half ‘n half, so never bothered fitting the other one (My left thumb was OK!)

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

james, your right, going to do a few races with the dual control , but get a different mech, and see how i get on, cheers pal.

DezB
    Free Member

Yep, I’m crazy me. I used to run a rapidfire front and a grip shift rear.
    I’m just totally like ya know bonkers yeah?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘shimano dual control’ is closed to new replies.