Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • SHIMANO disc brake BR-M395 ???
  • righog
    Free Member

BR-M395 Rose bikes

I am looking for some brakes for a cheap and cheerful, single speed build. Was looking for some Deore’s but they are out of stock at Rose and came accross these. I have never heard of them anybody got any experience of them, they seem super cheap ? or somewhere that Deores are cheap and in stock.

Cheers 🙂

bri-72

Don’t know those but I’ve had 445(446s?) from Rose. On my winter bike for a year now and recommend. Nice lever feel and progressive braking. Not as powerful as proper deore/slx etc but TBH unless ur DHing you won’t have a prob. I’d buy again for a 2nd bike, save fancy brakes for my FS.

righog
    Free Member

Just checked 446’s out of stock, it’s like an arms race now started with deore now looking at XT !!!!

bri-72

Bike24.de or wiggle. I’ve bought brakes from them recently. They had deores only few £s more than Rose.

martinhutch

I have these on one wheel and new deores on the other. Both work fine, the main difference being the length of the lever (deore much shorter). In practical terms, if you position the lever for one finger braking, the gear change stuff has to be placed a bit further away – I’ve got smallish hands, so I’m constantly shifting hand position if I want to change down.

belugabob
    Free Member

@martinhutch

I’m presuming that your brakes are nearer to the end of your bars than your shifters are (as most bikes are supplied)

If so, you may want to try swapping them round so that the shifters are nearer to the ends than the brakes – depending on which brakes and shifters you have, you may or may not be able to do this.

I made a massive difference to me – less achy hands when long downhill sections lead to lots of braking.

martinhutch

Had a look at this, but it just doesn’t seem to fit together neatly on the other side with the levers level.

The shorter levers on the Deores are perfect though. I’m not used to them yet so keep reaching too far for the triggers…

righog
    Free Member

These will be for a single speed so no probs with shifters, so that kinda swung it thanks Martin. Beluga is right, I have ran the brakes inside of the shifters for years so you can get the lever were you want it.

Tried to buy a couple of the M395’s on Rose ( they are incredibly cheap at £40 pair !), however when I went to pay with Paypal, there was a message to input my full bank account number, seemed a bit dodgy to me so I will maybe pay with a card, or have a look elsewhere. Paypal always makes it easier for delivery etc.

Kato

I run 446 on my singlespeed which I think is the same lever shape. They are fine and were much cheapness from Rose

righog
    Free Member

OK ended up buying some deores from Bike 24 ( only £13 cheaper than Merlin and i will have to swap sides.

tried paying rose for M395’s with my card and some problems with that as well so gave up for now. Think I will get a set of these when I can sort out how to pay as I have another frame lying about that would benifit from them.

Cheers for the help 8)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘SHIMANO disc brake BR-M395 ???’ is closed to new replies.