Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Shimano Deore Disc Problem
  • burko73

Hi

I’ve been off my bike over the winter due to a busy busy firewood business ans just managed to get back out last weekend to get back on the bike.

I’ve got Deore disc brakes on my 2012 Genesis Lat 853 and the rear brake seems to be giving me some problems. It’s like there’s no brakes unless you grab the lever super hard and then there’s brakes (like an old rim brake pre v brakes sort of efficiency) with some shudder/ squeel which i guess seems loud as its amplified by the 853 frame.

The pads look ok with plenty of life in them, it’s like there’s no friction lining.

Also my front brake pads are sticking on a bit…. spin the wheel, brake, brakes stay on a little.

I’ve been using disk brakes for 13 yrs but my old deores on my sub 5 just went and went and went with absolutely no problems (apart from a few pad changes).

The new deores were great until before my winter biking lay off…

help….

gonzy
    Free Member

front brake sounds like its got sticky pistons…take the pads off and have a look to see if there is anything stuck in there like a bit of dirt. give them a clean with some water and a small brush
    back brake could be one of 2 things…either the pads are contaminated and therefore hardly any bite/modulation or there is air in the system. a quick fix is to pull the brake lever in to the bar and tie it off with a cable tie…leave it overnight like this and any air trapped in the caliper will be forced back up to the lever reservoir…if the problem continues then the brake will need to be bled

burko73

gonzy

cheers for that. will take a look this w’end. sounds like no bite/ modulation.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Shimano Deore Disc Problem’ is closed to new replies.