Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shimano Custom Fit
  • chameleon78
    Free Member

I have been brought a pair of Shimano R220 road shoes with custom fit option, however they were brought online. my nearest shop that offered custom fit process is Total Fitness Nottingham, on ringing them today though they said they used to charge £25 for it but Madison have since told them they can't do it if the shoes were'nt brought in store. Apparently this is to create shop loyalty. If they are charging £25 the shop still gets something surely? I am more likely to use a shop if it provides a service not if it has a policy like this forced on them by Madison.

What do folks think?
    does custom fit make much difference? the shoes are very comfy out of the box anyway.

tron
    Free Member

Perhaps the shop doesn't want to do it, and are blaming Madison? Some folks, like Spesh, do appear to put serious effort into supporting IBDs. I'm not sure if Madison are that bothered or not – but I'm not in the bike biz.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

The "official" Shimano oven is just a regular electric oven, as when you peel the shimano sticker off there are guides on how to do chicken etc… Not sure about temperatures and times though, so I'd be reluctant to try… The shoes can melt (hence us disassembling this particular knackered oven).

mudpup
    Free Member

Ebay them and get some Lake CX401's – you can do it in the kitchen yourself!!!!!!

lipseal
    Free Member

Find a some one who has a vacuum pump and an oven, search tinternet and do it yourself, if your local I've got a vac pump.

Jammy111
    Free Member

I did the same thing a few months back. Phoned a few shops and got basically told off by one bloke for asking if I could pay him to fit them for me. Very strange response and needless to say I won't be visiting his shop again. I didn't do it in the end and the shoes have been fine. I reckon they slightly mould to your feet over time anyway…

igm

Certainly with snowboard boots, the heat and pressure of your feet being in them moulds them over time, whether you have them heated in the oven or not.

Teapot
    Free Member

They really need to be fitted using the correct Shimano oven to ensure the correct temperature.

Not sure about the shop's response as Madison have not said that they can only fit the shoes if they were bought instore. It's the shop's equipment and they can charge as much, or as little, as they like.

fontmoss
    Free Member

maybe they don't want to encourage people buying shoes from tinterweb and then using their kit to make them work, even with a service charge the shops loses out on selling some high end kit

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shimano Custom Fit’ is closed to new replies.