Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • shimano brake question, help needed
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

Hi I am thinking of getting different brakes for my Demo and would like some older saint m810’s. I’m wondering if the new style shimanos, maybe slx or xt are as powerful with the improved design? Any ideas? Thanks

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Can’t compare to Saints but my new model XTM785’s are an order of magnitude more powerful than the previous 2 generations of XT and SLX’s i had!

discapade
    Free Member

I didn’t get on with the new styles mate..far too grabby. I bought saint for the dh and xtr for the trail bike but have gone back go hopes now

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I’ve got current XT M785 on all 3 bikes, XC hardtail, Five & Patriot. Same brakes. Only the disc size varies.
    I’ve yet to find a UK descent that they’re not man-enough for on the Five with 180mm rotors. That’s used for big lakeland summits/passes and long descents.

I’m more that happy with them on the Patriot with 203mm rotors for silly stuff… and I’m no lightweight either. Boatloads of stopping power and not suffered any fade.

mintimperial

I’ve yet to find a UK descent that they’re not man-enough for on the Five with 180mm rotors.

I got a tiny hint of fade at the very end of the Llanberis path on Snowdon this last weekend (XT M785s on 180mm IT rotors, non-finned pads), but I was dragging my brakes a lot on the way down cos I’m a pathetic mincer (and there were flipping loads of walkers at the bottom). I think they might need a bleed though…

fd3chris
    Free Member

I would prefer new xt or slx over older saints for obvious reasons .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘shimano brake question, help needed’ is closed to new replies.