Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Shimano brake pad question
  • hydrophil
    Free Member

Bit confused..

The exploded diagram for my SLX M675 brakes details 4 different types of pads so Im assuming the more recent finned type pads are compatible? Do the finned pads make any difference? seems like a bit of a marketing gimmic to me

Shimano SLX front disc brakes

are the “normal” pads just the non-finned XTR race pads?
    Whats the difference between G01S and G03S pads?

hazza123
    Free Member

A link or picture of the exploded diagram might help? finned pads apparently help to dissipate heat better but I’ve not personally noticed any difference, although I do use icetech rotors.

Mister-P
    Free Member

G01 are resin, G03 are sintered, both non-finned. F01 are resin and F03 are sintered, both with fins. Personally I would use the sintered non-finned because I ride wet flat places.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Oh and all brakes from XTR down to Deore use the same pad shape. However the backing material changes. There are steel, aluminium and ti versions of the non-finned. The ones on the SLX diagram that have an S on the end of them are steel. Cheaper but fractionally heavier, if that worries you!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

does any one know of any where relatively cheap for the sintered shimano NON finned ones?

bigmick25
    Free Member

Oscillate Wildly – Member
    does any one know of any where relatively cheap for the sintered shimano NON finned ones?

I use Disco Brakes or Uberbike (no fins Sintered) on my SLX M675 and had no problems at all

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

bigmick my experience is they dont last anywhere near as long as genuine shimanos for me in the peak district

but if i cant get them cheap enough ill buy some uberbike, although they are out of stock at the mo

cultsdave
    Free Member

Superstar Components

hydrophil
    Free Member

thanks everyone, cleared a few things up! 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Shimano brake pad question’ is closed to new replies.